The HurdMaster hemp decorticator is intended for small farming and processing operations and for CBD and marijuana producers who want to capitalize on leftover stems. The machine is designed for separating the cannabis stalk’s woody inner core (hurd, shivs, shives) from the exterior bast fibers. The resulting hurd can be used for hempcrete construction, as animal bedding and animal litter, or as plant bedding. With additional technology, the separated bast fibers can be further processed for a wide, wide variety of applications. [See the video]
Kristaps Eglitis, who built the first prototype of the HurdMaster Micro Decorticator in his own shop, is by training an arts & crafts metal worker. The HurdMaster was inspired in part by his research of a decorticator project started years ago by Voldemars Cirulis, a Latvian developer, in the early 2000s. Kristaps is also interested in hempcrete construction and is insulating and reconstructing a family house from the material.
HempToday™ is the world’s leading source for information and networking in the fast-growing industrial hemp industry. We are advocates for industrial hemp through a family of business-to-business information, communications and educational initiatives which help hemp stakeholders all over the world connect with each other and work together toward the common goal of a vibrant, well-functioning hemp industry. Our network stretches from Europe to North and South America, Asia and Africa.
Peruza provides customized, complex technological solutions for raw materials processing and is a leading developer and supplier of fish processing systems. The company develops technology that maximizes workforce efficiency and therefore results in a fast payback time on the client’s investment. Peruza has more than 25 years of experience in 20 countries around the world, and more than 1,500 successful installations online.
The Micro-Hemp Decorticator designed to output high quality shivs (shives, hurd). Perfect for flower and seed growers, and food, cosmetics, and alternative medicine companies who want to monetize leftover stalks from their harvests; and for DIY builders & hempcrete building instructors.
• The input is manual, so it means that the output is divided into roughly 1/1 shivs/fibre.
• Produces shivs 5-30mm long for Hempcrete, animal bedding and plant bedding.
• We are developing separation machinery to divide the shivs (which can be separated in 3 parts such as fine dust – very good to add for lime plastering).
• Output estimate is 50-100 kg per hour, so it means in three days the amount of processed stalks are 1-2 ton.
• The max size of the stalks up to 2 centimeters in diameter for input.
- Hempcrete construction
- Animal bedding
- Animal litter
- Plant bedding
- Supply-220V / 1500W
- Capacity: ~50kg/hr
- Dimensions: 80cm X 80cm X 60cm (~31” X 31” X 23”)
- Weight: 150kg/330 lbs
- Compact, simple design
- Easy to operate
- Chain driven
- Durable parts including stainless steel rollers
- Adjustable to handle all sizes stalk
- Minimal maintenance
- Optional automatic feeding line
- Optional packaging line for shivs
- Optional mounting stand
To UPDATE your information for our data bases, or to INQUIRE about the HurdMaster MD1000, please fill in and submit the form below.